Thursday, February 3, 2011

Super Duper Super Bowl Snacks!

I am going to do something today that I don't do on a regular basis, but since the Super Bowl is just a few days away, I thought today would be a good time to do it. "It" is a food review of the things my wife, Heather, is making for me to enjoy during the game. I know that you may have your Super Bowl menu planned already, but it's not too late for some revisions to it. And once you see what I'm having, a revising you will go! You won't have to delete an item from your Super Bowl menu, but you can add an item or two to it. Let me splain.

Toby's Super Bowl Menu by Heather:
  • Sweet and Spicy Cashews - Every Super Bowl game should have some kind of nut as an appetizer or as a companion to a good, cold beer.
  • Buffalo Chicken Tenders - I have some Buffalo Wing sauce from Texas Pete that I am anxious to try and this looks like a great snack to start using it on.
  • Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs - Heather has made these several times for me, but I always end up having to hog tie the kids to keep 'em out of MY meatballs. just kiddin' about the hog tie thing. The kids and I love these things and I can assure you that there won't be any leftover Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs this Sunday.
  • Half Time Frito Pie Casserole - This is a variation of the greatest comfort food ever in the history of comfort foods. My friends in Texas will definitely want to give this a go.
That's what's cookin' for me this Sunday. I want to thank Heather in advance for all the hard work she is gonna put in so I can have a Feast for the Super Bowl. If you have a Super Bowl dish or recipe you'd like to share with us, feel free to do so in the comments! It may be something that Heather would like to feature on her blog! let us hear from you today!

Because Toby said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment