Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Look Up in the Sky! It's a Bird! It's a Plane! It's More Damn Snow! UPDATED!!! (Scroll Down)

If tomorrow's Wednesday, it must be time for another winter storm! Like clockwork over the past month, we have gotten significant snowfall here in New England. One the storms that hit us was a full-blown blizzard. Out of these three storms we have gotten almost six feet of snow! Mother Nature must be wearing the finest of Swiss watches because tomorrow we are gonna get blasted with at least another foot of snow, to the leftovers from the previous nor'easters. You can see what I mean in the photo below which was taken while I was standing on my front porch.

Leftovers
I also took some shots of the parking lot and the sidewalk just outside the front door. I did so in order to provide a contrast in what snow is on the ground now and what new snowfall this latest storm will bring. 

No snow on the sidewalk
We are supposed to get about 3 inches of snow today and tonight, then the bottom falls out in the morning. The approaching nor'easter is slated to dump at least another foot snow by early Thursday morning. Oh, the joy of living in the northeast. I actually don't mind the snow because I like to watch the snowflakes dancing about on their journey from cloud to ground. I know what you're thinking, tell Heather to hide all the shiny  objects and knives in the house. 

I guess I can't complain too much because other parts of the country where snow is a rarity are getting slammed also. I know Texas is getting some wintry weather from the same system that's gonna blast us tomorrow. I know real good people in Texas and I know that the ice/snow/sleet has the Dumbass Effect on even the best of them. Let me put it this way. There are over 6 million people in the DFW area. With ice/snow/sleet on the highways and byways, every damn one of the 6 million people there turn into dumbasses at one time while driving in the stuff. I'm just sayin'

If the incoming weather brings us anything unexpected, I'll jump on here and do an update. Until then, my family is celebrating my little girl's 4th birthday today, weather be damned. That's just the way it goes.

Because Toby said so.

UPDATE: here's the latest from Weather.com:

 

Right Now Next 36 Hours
Light Snow Tonight Tomorrow Tomorrow Night
Snow Shower Heavy Snow Snow Shower
Light Snow Snow Shower Heavy Snow Snow Shower
12°F 11° 15°
Feels Like: Low High Low
Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0.08 in (est.)
Snow: 2.3 in (est.)
Chance of Snow:
50%
Chance of Snow:
100%
Chance of Snow:
60%
Wind:
From NNE at 6mph
Wind:
NNE at 10 mph
Wind:
NNE at 18 mph
Wind:
N at 16 mph
Humidity: 82% 73% 65% 68%
Dew Point:      
Pressure: 30.36 in Steady Pressure      
Visibility: 1.3 mi      
UV Index: 0 - Low -- 1 - Low --
Daylight Remaining: 0 hrs 57 min Sunset: 4:48 pm Sunrise: 6:56 am Sunset: 4:50 pm
Through 9pm: Periods of snow will end by early evening. Cloudy with temperatures rising to near 17F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70%. About one inch of additional snow through 9:00pm. Snow showers this evening becoming more scattered later. Low 11F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow showers early will transition to a steadier, sometimes heavy, snow. Cold. High near 15F. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 mph. Snow accumulating 8 to 12 inches. Variable clouds with snow showers. Low 9F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 60%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected.














No comments:

Post a Comment