Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Days to Celebrate in January!

Christmas has come and gone for another year and now we look forward to 2011 and the trials and tribulations it will bring. But New Year's Day isn't the only day to celebrate in January. Of course there's Martin Luther King Junior Day and a few others that you probably didn't even know existed. That's all about to change. I have discovered some days in January that are not readily known, but they are as important as any other day of the year. Well, maybe not as important. OK, they are just some days that somebody with too much time on their hands created. For instance:
  • I'm Not Going Take It Anymore Day - This day was so named by a DJ somewhere to remind people to take control over their lives. Frankly, I like this one. if more folks just did what needed to be done in their own lives, we'd all be better off and the damn Government might take notice that we don't need their sorry asses playing National Nanny to us.
  • Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day - Taking place on the last Monday in January, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day is a stupid idea started by some stupid fucker who should be kept away from shiny objects. I'm just sayin'.
  • National Clean Off Your Desk Day - God bless whoever came up with this one. As a neat freak and very organized person, I stand 100% behind this day. Note to self: send email to wife praising this day. Maybe she'll get the hint. But don't hold breath.
  • National Belly Laugh Day & National Hugging Day - These two celebrations are the kind of thing that can get people to lighten up. You know, stop taking life so seriously. Hugging is always nice and it is said that laughter is the best medicine, so January 21 is just what the Doctor ordered.
  • National Thank God It's Monday Day - The idea for this day was conceived by a lady from New Jersey, where every day seems like Monday. The idea of this day is to make people appreciate the start of the work week. Hey, lady, keep your dumbass ideas to yourself and get me a sammich. Idiot.
I like all the days listed here except for that dumbass idea of Thank God It's Monday Day. But it came from New Jersey, so take it for what it is...STOOPID. I hate Mondays and I ain't too fond of New Jersey, so I guess I am a bit biased here. No, I'm not. Mondays and New Jersey both suck.

Because Toby said so.

No comments:

Post a Comment